BENTON – The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers at Rend Lake is recruiting for Student Trainee Intern Positions (Pathways Interns) for the 2022 recreation season. The Pathways Internship Program provides paid opportunities to explore federal careers while still in school. Additionally, Pathways Interns may be non-competitively converted to a permanent or term (1-4 years) position if program requirements are met. Specific Information regarding these positions will be available at an open house recruitment event at the Rend Lake Visitor Center December 15, 2021 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Rend Lake team members will be on hand to answer questions and explain the application process.
Individuals selected for these positions will be required to report for duty immediately after completion of the Spring 2022 semester and continue until the beginning of the Fall 2022 semester. The positions require the students to work a 40-hour per week schedule, including day shifts, night shifts, weekends, and holidays.
Basic requirements and qualifications for these positions include:
- High School graduate
- Enrolled or accepted for enrollment in a technical or vocational school, 2 or 4-year college or university, graduate or professional school at a qualifying educational institution on a half-time or full-time basis pursuing a qualifying degree or certificate
- Good academic standing with a cumulative 2.0 grade point average
- Transcripts and/or proof of enrollment/acceptance letter
- Detailed resume showing eligibility for the position
- S. Citizenship
- Minimum 18 years old
- Required to sign a Pathways Participant Agreement
For more information on Pathways Internship opportunities, feel free to contact the Rend Lake Project Office by phone at 618-724-2493. For updates, follow us on Facebook @Rend Lake Project Office/Visitor Center.