ULLIN – Southern Seven Health Department (S7HD) has announced the launch of a new mobile COVID-19 Vaccine tour throughout the S7 region. These pop-up vaccination events are aimed to reach some of the farthest outlying townships in each of the seven counties.
The mobile pop-up COVID-19 vaccination clinics will utilize the Illinois Department of Public Health’s Wellness on Wheels (WOW) vans to provide the traveling clinic space to administer the vaccines. Individuals will then be able to wait their required 15-minutes after the vaccine in the comfort of their own car parked nearby. This unique rolling clinic gives people in some of the most rural areas of our counties an opportunity to easily get vaccinated close to home.
The schedule for the mobile clinics is as follows:
Tuesday, April 27th – Pulaski County
– 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.: The Train Depot (Central Ave., Ullin, IL 62992)
– 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.: SMILES (412 S. Blanche Street, Mounds, IL 62964)
Wednesday, April 28th – Johnson County
– 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.: First Pentecostal Church (90 Locust Rd, Ozark, IL 62972)
– 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.: First Baptist Church (608 W. Main Street, Goreville, IL 62939)
Thursday, April 29th – Union County
– 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.: Alto Pass Park (Elm St. near Chestnut St., Alto Pass, IL 62905)
– 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.: Cobden IL. Park (217 Locust St., Cobden, IL 62920)
Friday, April 30th – Alexander County
– 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.: next to Babe’s Fish Wagon in East Cape (Virginia Dr., McClure, IL 62957)
Saturday, May 1st – Massac County
– 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.: Big John’s Grocery Store (1200 E. 5th St., Metropolis, IL 62960)
– 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.: First Baptist Church (700 Pell Rd., Brookport, IL 62910)
Tuesday, May 4th – Pope County
– 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.: Aly Funeral Home (1099 State Route 145, Eddyville, IL 62928)
– 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.: Gospel Mission Tabernacle (166 State Route 146 W, Golconda, IL 62938)
Wednesday, May 5th – Hardin County
– 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.: Baseball & Softball Park (Locust St, Elizabethtown, IL 62931)
– 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.: Potters Church (590 N. Mill St., Cave-In-Rock, IL 62919)
Thursday, May 6th – Alexander County
– 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.: Faith Assembly of God Church (4730 State Route 3 N., Wolf Lake, Illinois 62998)
– 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.: Big Ballpark (Tamm Ave. / Front St., Tamms, IL 62988)
These mobile clinics will operate in addition to our regularly scheduled mass vaccination locations. Currently S7HD is operating at least two, fixed mass vaccination locations in the region each day, Monday through Friday, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. There is no charge for receiving a COVID-19 vaccine from S7HD. S7HD covers Alexander, Hardin, Johnson, Massac, Pope, Pulaski, and Union counties. In addition to taking appointments, S7HD is also accepting walk-ins at each of their daily vaccine clinic locations.
To guarantee a vaccine dose on a given day, people can schedule themselves for a vaccine appointment using the Illinois Department of Public Health’s COVID-19 Vaccine Registration system online at https://covidvaccination.dph.illinois.gov.
Vaccines will be provided only to Illinois residents and/or individuals with proof of employment in Illinois. Everyone over the age of 18 years old is eligible to get vaccinated.
For questions regarding COVID-19 or locations of COVID-19 vaccine clinics, contact Southern Seven Health Department at 618-634-2297 or visit them on Facebook and online at www.southern7.org.