We’re in the final stretch! With Thanksgiving behind us, it’s full steam ahead to Christmas!
Holiday shopping is in full swing. While you’re out and about, keep it local and shop some of these featured businesses!
Newell Furniture and Gifts
LeMond’s Motorsports in Fairfield
Jansen Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and RAM in Carmi
Salem Tire Center
Coldwell Banker J. David Thompson Realty
Parkway Shoe Repair in Mt. Vernon
Fifth Season Residential
Holz Tool Supply
Looking for a fun DIY Christmas activity for everyone? Have we got just the thing for you… Cinnamon Ornaments! They’re easy to make, fun, and smell fantastic!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 3/4 Cup smooth applesauce
- 1 Cup cinnamon
- A little cinnamon more for dusting on top
- ⅛ Cup liquid glue
- Christmas cookie cutters
- a straw to poke a hole
- ribbon to hang
THE HOW TO:
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl, incorporate well
- Dough should come together, in a ball, not crumbly. If dough is too dry, add more applesauce, if it is too wet, add more cinnamon.
- Roll out the dough with a rolling pin to about ¼ inch thick. Cut out shapes using your cookie cutters.
- While ornaments are still “moist”, poke holes in the ornaments, near the top, with a straw and place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake in a 200 degrees oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove and let air dry for 24 – 48 hours.
- Add ribbon and enjoy it on your Christmas tree.
- You can also decorate ornaments using puffy paint.
And that’s it! Now you’ve got fun, great smelling Christmas ornaments for all to enjoy!
O Christmas Tree, O Christmas tree, How lovely are your branches! Now that you’ve got some ornaments made, all you need is a tree! But as you deck the halls this holiday season, be fire smart! We’ve included a Christmas tree safety guide to keep in mind when you’re picking out and decorating your tree.
As we move further into the holiday season the temperature will continue to fall and that means it’ll be time to pull out the space heater before you know it. It’s always good to have a reminder, so we’ve linked 7 Highly Effective Portable Heater Safety Habits to make sure you and your family stay safe and warm throughout the season!
With all of our traveling and shopping, we’re on the road a lot during this time of year when the weather can flip at a moment’s notice. Stay ahead of the storm with our guide making sure you and your vehicle are prepared for whatever Mother Nature throws at you this winter!
From all of us at Withers Broadcasting, stay safe, enjoy your time with family and friends, and have a Happy Holiday! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!