ELDORADO, IL – Effective immediately, Ferrell Hospital has updated its visitor restrictions in response to COVID-19.
- There will be no restrictions on visitation unless the patient is in isolation for COVID-19, the patient is critical status in the emergency department or staff determines restrictions are necessary. Exceptions for visitation will be made for COVID-19 patients receiving end-of-life care.
- There will be no age restrictions on visitors.
- Patients and visitors are no longer required to screen at the information desk. Armbands will no longer be required.
- Patients will complete a COVID-19 screen as part of the registration process.
- Visitors and patients are required to wear a mask.
- Hospital and clinic staff are also required to wear a mask per IDPH regulations.
- General hospital visiting hours are from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. each day.
- Anyone wishing to enter or exit the hospital after 8 p.m. must do so through the Emergency Department.
- Appropriateness of immediate family or someone spending the night need to be evaluated based on several criteria including but not limited to the benefit to the patient and consent of roommate if in a semiprivate room.
- Children may visit on an inpatient unit during regular visiting hours when accompanied by an adult. Children must be supervised at all times by an adult who is not the patient.
- Ferrell Hospital is a tobacco free campus. Please do not smoke or use smokeless tobacco anywhere on our property.
- Visiting restrictions may be required, depending upon patient medical conditions and needs. Please see a member of the nursing staff for any questions about restrictions.
For additional general information on visitation, see Ferrellhosp.org/For-You/Patients-Visitors/Visitors.